10.25.2014

Glory




"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,
   But the glory of kings  is to search out a matter."

How often do we sit back and simply expect life to come to us? It has, unfortunately, been a general practice of mine to sit and say, "Well, I'll just take whatever God sends me. I mean, He's perfect, so He won't send me anything that's not good for me."

However, while this is good, this is not the best thing. It is good to react well to whatever God sends our way, but Christianity is not passive. We are royalty - children of the King. A resulting characteristic of royalty is that we will search things out.

Not sure about a theological question? Don't wait for your pastor to preach on it; search it out. Not sure which university to attend? Don't wait for a lightning bolt to tell you which is better; search it out. Not sure how to deal with a friend? Don't wait for them to fall too far away without the right advice; search it out.

Waiting for great things for you to do for Christ? Don't sit and wait for them to come to you.

Search it out.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Ben! What a motivating encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Grace's comment! What an excellent encouragement for the day! I appreciate you sincerity and desire to grow in Christ!

    ReplyDelete