3.09.2012

Breaking News!

After weeks, and weeks, and weeks of searching for a job, and submitting application, after application, after applications, I finally got, and got, and got, a job offer!

Ok, maybe the triplets tend to over-dramatize things, but the general message remains the same. I have submitted my resume to over a dozen companies looking for an internship over the summer, and Longview Fibre responded and said they could use me!

So, starting mid-May, I will become an employee of a Longview-based plant, which will mean the following:

1) I am going to get real tired of the tunes on my iPod
2) I am going to get more literate via books on tape (or, on iPod as the case may be)
3) My sisters are going to use my new-found taxi services to visit their friends as often as is practical, and then some
4) I am going to get a lot of hands-on engineering experience that will help a ton in the future
5) *Optional* I may become the partial owner of a new vehichle with which to drive myself!

All that to say, God is good; He provides for us. In an economy where lots of people can't find work, He provided me with this job over the summer that not only helps my experience, but also helps a lot financially. I am very grateful!

I'll keep you posted as I find out more about the job, not that you would want to hear it of course, but if you did, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Yippee, I'm so excited for you, Ben! God definitely is good - what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete