4.20.2012

WSU-V Update


Every student on the WSU-V Campus will have developed this disorder in the next two weeks. For this purpose, I will not be posting next week. What, you may ask, has caused this sudden outbreak?

Finals.

Next week is dead week, which far from meaning everybody is dead because of lack of motion, it means everybody is dead because EVERY TERM PAPER/PROJECT OF THE SEMESTER IS DUE THAT WEEK. Not that we haven't known it was coming, but there are always a million things that go wrong last minute. And of course Finals Week is the week which, by definition, we are all finally finished - some "finished" as in terminated, and others "finished" as in passed the class. I hope to be in the latter category, personally.

However, some amazing things have been going on lately.

1) My research team and I got a Sigma Xi grant for $500 to continue research on our "frictionless" Leidenfrost surfaces. Hooray!

2) My research team and I achieved the "Top Three Category" in a research showcase! 28 undergraduate research projects were presented, and we made the top 3! Wahoo!

Anyway, now that you've heard my prophecy of doom for the next two weeks as well as a slight bit of cheeriness in my life, I shall leave you to debate next Friday as to whether or not the lack of Ben posting has made the week better, or worse.

Hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. Well, I certainly hope that you live through it - and I definitely hope that you pass your classes!
    Praying for you, Ben!

    ReplyDelete